IMPORTANT: This program is not offered by all employers. Please contact us to determine if this program is included under your benefit plan.
Over-the-counter drugs for specific conditions, such as allergies and heartburn, may be covered by your plan at an enhanced benefit. Below is information about medications may be covered and instructions for using this benefit.
- Flonase OTC (New! Effective as of 1-1-2016)
- Zantac 75, Ranitidine – Tab 75mg
- Tagamet HB, Cimetidine – Tab 200mg
- Axid AR – Tab 75mg
- Pepcid AC, Famotidine – Tab 10mg & 20mg
- Prilosec OTC (14, 28, 42 day supply) – Tab 20mg
- Nexium OTC 24 hr – Cap 20mg
- Prevacid, Lansoprazole – Cap 15mg
- Claritin, Loratadine – Tab 10mg
- Claritin-D, Loratadine-D. – Tab 5-120mg & 10-240mg
- Alavert – Tab 10mg
- Zyrtec-D, Certirizine-D (added 1/30/2008) – Tab 5-120mg
- Allegra, Fexofenadine – Tab 30mg, 60mg, 180mg
- Allegra-D, Fexofenadine-D – Tab 180-240mg & 60-120mg
- Zegerid OTC, Omepra/Bicar – Cap 20-1100mg
- Zyrtec, Cetirizine – Tab and Chew Tab 5mg & 10mg
How do I get an OTC medication filled with my prescription drug card?
- Tell your doctor that your prescription drug plan covers the OTC medications listed above.
- Obtain a written prescription from your doctor for the OTC medications above.
- Take the OTC prescription to a pharmacy to have it filled.
- Tell the pharmacist that your prescription drug plan does offer coverage for OTC medications on the list above.